Managing your inventory is one of the most important steps in achieving success on the Sears Marketplace. It is recommended that you download a new template from the seller portal each time you are updating the inventory. Having accurate inventory ensures your items can be available for sale on Sears.com and can prevent unnecessary cancellations.
There are 3 ways in which to add inventory to an item. These methods are also used to update inventory. Inventory updates done in the portal are processed within minutes and will be reflected on the site within 30 – 60 minutes.
Decreasing your items inventory to zero the item will be unpurchasable within minutes of publishing this change.
Log in to the seller portal and navigate to Inventory >> Inventory Mgmt >> Browse & Edit
- Step 1: you will be prompted to choose the location for which you wish to make inventory changes. Some sellers have built multiple warehouse locations. All of these locations will show in Step 1.
- Step 2: choose the item class for which the items you wish to change are located. You can update inventory for an entire item class or category.
- Search: by entering a UPC, Item Name, Model, Brand, Item ID, Item SPM or Variation group ID you can search for a single product or a grouping of products
Once you have searched for and found the items that you wish to add or change inventory for:
You can edit the number on hand on screen by clicking the pencil edit icon in the Quantity section.
This will pop up a box that will allow you to change the quantity on hand.
Click update to save changes.
Log in to the seller portal and navigate to the Inventory >> Inventory Mgmt >> Bulk section of the portal.
In Step 1, you will need to choose the items for which you wish to update inventory.
- Show All Item Classes: shows all item classes available to Marketplace sellers
- Show Item Classes where I sell items: this selection will narrow down the item classes to just those where items have been built
Using the “+” sign, you will be able to drill down to the category/sub category that you wish to download items for and then click the “Download inventory template” button to being the download of the template. If you wish to download all items, simply click the “Download inventory template” button and all items will download.
Our Excel templates are built in such a way that their structure should never be changed. This means that the tabs on the bottom should remain titled as they are and the formatting of the columns and header names should also remain as they are.
The inventory template has two tabs:
- Data Definition: this tab houses all of the fields names, descriptions and examples of information that should be input into that field
- Data Format: this tab is where you input the information for each item
- Item ID: the Item ID is the unique identifier that has been given the item by the seller
- Variation Group ID: the Group ID that has been given a particular grouping of products
- Location ID: this is pre-populated with the warehouse location ID assigned to it when it was created
- Last Provided by Seller Quantity: the number that was provided the last time inventory was updated
- Existing Reserved Quantity: any open orders for this product
- Existing Available Quantity: quantity currently available for sale
- Existing Inventory Update Timestamp: the last time inventory was updated
- Updated Available Quantity: new quantity available
- Updated Inventory Timestamp: current timestamp
- Low Inventory Threshold: at what quantity would you like to be notified to prevent overselling
Complete the inventory template by making the necessary changes to columns H, I & J and save the file in an .xlsx or .csv format. Proceed to Step 2 to upload the file.
If any inventory numbers were not changed please review the Inventory Errors Processing report by navigating to the Inventory >> Inventory Mgmt >> Inventory Errors Processing section of the portal.
Once you have received an inventory expiration alert you will want to update your inventory or confirm your existing inventory levels to avoid having your inventory removed or reduced. To update or confirm your inventory log into the seller portal and navigate to Inventory >>Manage Expired Inventory
In Step 1, download the expired inventory template by clicking on the “Download expired inventory template”.
A template will download in Excel with only the items that are set to expire. This is the same template that you edit in the Bulk process tab. Please refer to that tab for instructions on how to complete this template. Once the template is completed, upload the file in a .xlsx or .csv format in Step 2.