Sears Marketplace – Fulfilled by Sears Guide
Creating ‘Fulfilled by Sears’ items
After determnining if the item is Variation or Regular item and entering the Model #, Product Name, and Short description, the next step to selling items through the Sears warehouse is to create items in the Seller Portal. Items can be created either using the UI (User Interface) or via an Excel upload. If creating items within the UI, be sure to select ‘Fulfilled by Sears’ when first setting up the product (see Figure 1). If creating items using Excel, be sure to put ‘Yes’ in the ‘FBS Item’ column.
Adding Inventory/Creating a Shipment
Unlike with ‘Sell on Sears’ where sellers specify the exact inventory they have available, ‘Fulfilled by Sears’ requires sellers to send a shipment to our warehouse. This shipment is created within the Seller Portal. To create a shipment go to Inventory > Browse and Edit Inventory. Then drill down to find the exact items that you want to include in the shipment (see Figure 2). Once you have selected the items to include in the shipment, click on the ‘Create New Shipment’ button and complete the necessary information.
In addition, sellers can choose to create a ‘Bulk Shipment’ from within the Inventory tab. From this page sellers can download a template, fill out the required information, and upload it back to the Seller Portal.
Preparing your Shipment for the Sears warehouse
The Sears’ warehouse has very strict requirements for inbound products. Guidelines for products coming into the warehouse are listed below. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in products being immediately returned to the seller at the seller’s expense.
1) All items must have the Marketplace Item # clearly marked on the item. This can be a label, hang tag, or other device that clearly identifies the item. Please see the instructions below titled ‘Printing Labels for Your Products’.
2) The shipment should include the Bill of Lading and Box Label (on each carton). These can be
printed from the Shipment screen in the Seller Portal.
3) Items must be packaged ready to put into a carton and ship.
a. Apparel should be folded for shipping. Apparel items will not be put on hangers for storage. Polybagging is recommended.
b. Items such as posters must already be in a mailing container, e.g. a tube.
c. Anything fragile must be packaged such that it can be put into a carton and shipped without special packing requirements.
d. Use the ‘Contact Us’ form in the Seller Portal to alert Sears Marketplace ahead of time about any high value small size items (jewelry, ipods, etc.), so we can ensure it is in the locked storage area.
e. Items with an expiration, such as supplements, food, etc. cannot be warehoused via Fulfilled by Sears.
4) Items must be mailable, i.e. UPS’able, to be warehoused for Fulfilled by Sears.
5) Shipments should be clearly marked ‘Sears Marketplace’ and contain the Box Label printed from the Seller Portal. We suggest using a ‘Sears Marketplace’ placard in a highly visible place on the carton.
6) Items cannot be received into inventory without a shipment from Seller Portal. If items are received without the shipment, we will ask the seller to create a shipment so we can receive. Failure to respond to the request will result in return to the seller (at the seller’s expense) or liquidation of goods (without reimbursement to the seller).
7) The SLA to receive shipments into inventory is 48 hours from time of delivery. However, shipments not clearly marked can take longer.
8) Item labels should not cover the item’s UPC
9) When shipping LTL the seller should palletiize and mark all cartons 1 of ____ (ie 1 of 20, 2 of 20 etc). The pallets should be shrink wrapped. BOL should indicate number of cartons and place on lead carton or pallet in an envelope or plastic sleeve.
Printing Labels for Your Products
Sellers are required to label each piece that is shipped into the warehouse. The Item ID should match what exists on your Bill of Lading EXACTLY. Please note that this number is a 3 digit seller code followed by your Item ID. Labels should not cover the items’ UPCs.
From within the Manage Shipments page in the seller portal, users are able to print ‘Item Labels’. One label is printed for each piece being shipped into the warehouse. Sellers can use standard size address label stock to properly align the labels.